Updated May 7, 2020
We respect your privacy. When you give us your personal information, we use it only to fulfill the transaction or service you have requested.
- We do not subscribe you to marketing emails without your consent.
- We do not sell or give away your contact information to any other entities.
- We do not allow the vendors who help us process transactions to sell or give away your information either.
If you have questions about how we use your information please contact email@example.com.
This policy applies to personal information collected on websites owned or controlled by Nielsen Norman Group (collectively referred to in this policy as “we”, "us" or "our").
The aim of this policy is to tell you how we will use any personal information we collect or you provide through our websites. Please read it carefully before you proceed. The data controller in respect of this website is Nielsen Norman Group.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to use most of this website.
However, if you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, attend the UX Conference, attend or purchase an Online Seminar, purchase a Research Report, or request further information, we may collect the following personal information from you: name, address, phone number, email address, employment details, and employer details.
We will also keep a record of any financial transaction you make with us but we do not directly collect, process or store your debit or credit card information. Online payments made through this website are processed securely by third party payment providers.
- Research Report Purchases: FastSpring https://fastspring.com/privacy/
- Online Seminars: Crowdcast, https://www.crowdcast.io/privacy-policy
- UX Conference Payments: Stripe, https://stripe.com/us/privacy
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information about the pages of this website which you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access this website. However, this information is aggregated across all visitors and we do not use it to identify you.
3. HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED AND SHARED?
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- deliver the products and services you have ordered;
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card amount;
- administer our website and provide customer services;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis;
- communicate with you;
- investigate any complaints about this website;
- personalize your experience of this website;
- display any comments you contribute to pages on this website, along with your display name and portrait; and
- contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you (where we have the appropriate permissions to do so; please see Paragraph 5 for more information).
We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, event management, and email delivery. In some cases the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information. We use the following services to deliver information and products:
- Email Newsletter Delivery: Mailchimp, https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Online Seminar Registration and Delivery: Crowdcast, https://www.crowdcast.io/privacy-policy
- UX Conference Registration Management: Teamdesk, https://www.teamdesk.net/privacy
- Virtual UX Training Courses:
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may pass this information to third parties.
If you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud as well as to process any transaction you attempt via the website. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. This information may also be used to prevent fraud and money laundering. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to have details of those fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
4. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY
5. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Where you have given us the appropriate permissions we may from time to time contact you by email, SMS, or telephone about our products and services that may be of interest to you. If at any point, you would like to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications from us, or would like to change the channels that we use to contact you, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive, or email us, stating your preferences, at email@example.com.
6. COOKIES AND RELATED TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our site contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
9. SALE OF THE BUSINESS
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
10. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require you to provide verification of your identity before we will provide a copy of the personal information we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your personal information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
11. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
12. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.